June 26, 2011

Simple Steps to Handle Worry Situations

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war rise up against me, yet I will be confident." (Psalm 27: 1, 3)

Why have we become so worrisome? Is it our distance from our Creator? I can see it in the eyes of people as they walk around the streets, malls, and grocery stores. They are infested by the "worry bug". This worry bug does not allow them to properly think nor function. Worries fill their heads with negative thoughts which leads them to stress. Children are naturally stress free, until we damage them. Maybe we can learn from them to live today. To live one day at a time. We need to learn to live stress free, taking one day at a time; one task at a time.

"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
- Matthew 6:34

Here are three simple steps that will help you handle worry situations:

1. Analyze the situation fearlessly and honestly and figure out what is the worst that could happen as a result of this failure. This is the first step and the most important; it will help you put the situation into perspective. You must stop wasting time in trying to play all of the "what ifs" and "theories of doom" in your head. You must take a deep breath and think calmly about the situation.

2. Reconcile yourself to accept the consequences. After you have analyzed the situation and determine the reality of the situation, then accept responsibility for your actions.

3. Calmly devote your time and energy to trying to improve upon the worst which you have already accepted mentally.

One of the biggest challenges in trying to resolve worry situations is that worrying destroys your ability to concentrate. I have seen how people invest time and energy in the worries which would drain them and defocus them from their goals. Trying to resolve difficult situations while you are worried is futile. When we worry we lose the power to concentrate; the power of decision. The solution to worries is the acceptance of what has happened. This will provide us the true peace of mind we need to face and overcome the consequences of any misfortune.

"Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand"
- Thomas Carlyle

Many business owners in their search for "business success" fill their lives with worries. Many of them believe that the unnecessary worries are "part of the trade". This is complete false. Business success does not have to come with worries. Worries are cause by fear. Fear of loss, fear that we wont be accepted, etc. Fear is what causes worries. We destroy our bodies and minds with anxiety, frustrations. hatred, resentment, rebellion and fear.

I share with you Psalm 27:1,3 (see at the top) that I like to repeat in difficult moments. Making decisions while we are worried will generally cause the wrong decision. The best option is to stop and relax. If you believe in the power of prayer, like I do, then pray. Seek a moment and place where you can relax, meditate and calm down. After this process, follow the steps above and see the difference.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Admin,

    I have just visited your (http://wealthbuildingnetwork.blogspot.com) site, which is pretty impressive with its decent & professional presentation. Being a financial writer I want to contribute one unique finance article for your site if you will allow me. The article will be FREE by keeping your site relevancy & targeted visitors in mind. I hope you will admire the quality content for your site. And assuring you my piece won't disappoint you by its standard.

    Note: You will get good link back as per the relevancy & requirement from my quality sites/blogs.

    Please review & share your quick thinking in my below given mail id..
    kenneth.parkar83@gmail.com

    Regards,
    Kenneth parkar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Blog posts Pedro. They are very inspiring. Thank you so much, and keep em coming.

    Sincerely,
    Valon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Valon for your words of encouragement. Look forward to your continued visits, suggestions and comments.

    ReplyDelete